The technical sessions will be held in the JLB Suite.
Presenters are asked to prepare their talks to match the allocated times which will be rigidly enforced. Presenters should allow time for both a formal presentations and questions within the time allocated in the programme.
The room is equipped with the following audio-visual equipment:
- Data Projector
- PC or laptop with Windows 7 and Office 2013
- Remote mouse/laser pointer
- Audio input and speakers
If you require any additional equipment, please email email@example.com
Instructions for Speakers
- Please bring the computer file of your PowerPoint or Apple Keynote presentation (on USB stick).
- Your presentation should be loaded on to the PC located in the lecture theatre in the break preceding the start of your session. Please save your presentation file in the appropriate named folder saved on the desktop. Direct connection of personal laptops is the alternative approach; please ensure you have the correct adapters for your machine (the hotel can provide adapters for HDMI and VGA)
Format and Technical Requirements
- For presentations created in MS Office for Mac PowerPoint 2010, be sure to add the extension ppt at the end of your file (for example - mypresentation.ppt).
- To avoid potential problems with display fonts, please only use fonts common to both platforms (Arial, Courier, Courier New, Geneva, Georgia, Helvetica, Times, Times New Roman).
- For images in your presentations, it is preferable that the images are in jpg format. The image resolution must not exceed 1920 x 1080 pixels (width by height).
- Please ensure your presentation is using a 16:9 aspect ratio to fill the projection screens
- If you have embedded video files to your presentation, they must be any of the following formats mpg, mpeg, wmv avi or QuickTime (mov)
- Do not forget to upload any video files separately in addition to your PowerPoint presentation.